Blueberry Custard Pie
This quick and easy blueberry custard pie literally takes a few minutes to put together. A delightful dessert topped with vanilla ice cream.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time50 mins
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pre-baked pie crust shell
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Place blueberries in pie crust, set aside
Mix together, flour, sugar. Add in evaporated milk, stirring until smooth
Whisk in eggs to batter, add vanilla, and blend well.
Pour batter mixture over blueberries
Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees
Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for another 35 minutes
Let cool before serving.
Common Q& A:
1. Can I use frozen blueberries?
Yes, frozen blueberries can even be better during baking, because fresh blueberries can shrink and sometimes burst during baking.
2. Do I need to thaw the frozen blueberries?
No. There is no need to thaw the frozen blueberries. There is no need to adjust the baking time either.
1. Do not overbeat. Just blend the batter with a whisk until smooth. The blueberries will sink if the batter is too thin or if there is too much air in the batter.
2. Depending on your taste, you can sprinkle a dash of nutmeg or cinnamon to the batter just before baking.
3. Best served warm with vanilla ice cream.