Keto Gluten free Cauliflower pizza crust recipe
I have finally found a keto gluten free cauliflower pizza crust recipe which I have partially modified. Pizza is like a comfort food. The pizza crust is made with wheat, which is full of gluten and carbohydrates. This is particularly annoying when you go out for pizza night with a group of friends. In fact, very few restaurants even offer a gluten-free pizza option. For those on a gluten free diet, pizza is something we really miss.
Gluten is a binding agent. Without wheat, it is generally difficult to bake a pizza crust that is firm, easy to pick up, and eat with your fingers. This is the reason why pizza is almost always made with wheat or some kind of flour. In order to keep this recipe keto and gluten free, there is no flour used. Hurray!
This cauliflower pizza crust recipe depends on two main ingredients to do the binding work. Eggs bind ingredients together giving them strength and stability. Mozarella is by nature a stringy cheese.
String cheese is just mozzarella cheese that has been heated to 140 c degrees. At this temperature the cheese becomes very stretchy and the milk proteins move around and line up together in a row. It’s this alignment that makes string cheese so stringy! And that’s all there is to it. No strange processing. No toxic chemicals. Just the realigning of milk proteins.Huffpost (Note: 140 celsius equals 284 Fahrenheit
I highly recommend this keto gluten free cauliflower pizza crust recipe to all my gluten free friends. You will not be disappointed. Try it and you will certainly fall in love with it!
You can make this recipe in a big batch and freeze them in an airtight container for future use. Do all the work in one go, and make the next pizza meal quick and easy.
Keto Gluten Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe
- steamer basket
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozarella
- 1/2 tsp dried basil, or oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3 eggs
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and pulse them in a food processor.
- Steam the cauliflower florets for 15 minutes in a steamer, let cool and drain well
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line the baking sheet with grill mat or parchment paper.
- Mix the parmesan cheese, mozarella cheese, spices, salt, garlic powder, eggs and beat together.
- Put the cauliflower bits on top of the baking sheet lined with parchment paper or grill mat. Use a spatula to press and form the squeeze dried cauliflower bits into a rectangular or a round pizza crust.
- Bake the crust for 20 to 25 minutes until dry and crisp
- Take out the cauliflower pizza crust, add your favourite toppings, and bake for another 10 minutes
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.