Asian Ginger Sesame Roasted Quail
Asian Ginger Sesame Roasted Quail recipe is very popular among Chinese-Canadians. In act, humans have been eating roast quails for over 10,000 years. Quails are one of the top 10 ancient food for Egyptian Pharoahs. It is believed that quails are already popular food around Noah’s Ark era.
In fine Chinese restaurants all around Asia, you will find roast quails in the menu. Asian Ginger Sesame Roasted Quail is a popular delicacy. Meats are always juicier and sweeter when closest to the bone. A quail has very little meat, but the meat is tender and sweet when cooked properly. And it is fun to pick the meat out of the bone.
Here is a pictorial Guide:
1. Marinate quails with ginger, garlic, sesame oil overnight (or at least 2 to 4 hours)
2. Saute the quails to seal the juices, on a small pan, you will need to do this in batches.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, then cover quails with bacon strips to keep the meat moist. Bake at 300 degrees for one hour.
Broil for 2 minutes prior to serving to give it a nice brown finish.
(Note: This post was originally published in 2014, and was updated in Dec 2019 using the WP Recipe Maker to make the recipe easily accessible)
Asian Ginger Sesame Roast Quail
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce or barbeque sauce
- 10 pcs qualis
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup low salt soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped parley for garnish
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds for garnish
- Marinate quails with ginger, garlic, sesame oil, white wine, soy sauce, bbq sauce overnight (or at least 2 to 4 hours)
- Saute the quails to seal the juices, on a small pan, you will need to do this in batches.
- Line quails on baking pan. then cover quails with bacon strips to keep the meat moist.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake at 300 degrees for one hour.
- Broil for 2 minutes prior to serving to give it a nice brown finish.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and white sesame seeds.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.